Sunday, January 16, 2011

Bird Tip - Frugal Fun

I'm frugal, not cheap. . . Um, no.  I'm cheap. I rarely buy expensive bird toys anymore.  Recently I bought Ducky a $15 wood and rope bird toy I thought fer sure he would LOVE.  He doesn't love it or hate it.  He pretty much ignores it.  I don't know about you, but $15 down the drain annoys the snot outa me.

Your local 99 cent store is a treasure trove!  Hey!  For 99 cents, if Ducky doesn't play with something - WHATEVER!

What I picked up yesterday at the 99 cent store:
Great foot toy, or attached to something.

This was pretty cool.  Instead of a twist mechanism, it's a pull-down lever.
Ok - This is how frugal I am:  The box is going in my aviary for a finch nesting site.

These had little holes at the ends so they can be attached to something.

What became of the stuff:
The candy/toy vending machines are always best with variety.
There's seed, pellets, plastic beads, and other little toys in there.

The gumball machine's been hot gluegunned to a plastic container lid I had around.
All the other stuff's been left loose.



I'm not very craft or creative, but you can imagine the potential for decorating up this swing.

No comments:

Post a Comment